AOS & Friends Care, Inc. (AOS&FC) is a not-for-profit organization that provides funds to support the direct care needs of financially qualified individuals. Our mission is to provide direct care and community support with a focus in Moore County to older and disabled adults dealing with the challenges of aging, with a specific interest in those with some form of dementia. Applicants must submit an application and be approved by the AOS&FC board of directors.
Direct Care Services may include:
- Assessment of needs: A written evaluation and assessment of needs identified between client and certified care manager*.
- Care Coordination: The coordination of care services in the community to help meet identified needs, this may include equipment or devices to support safety and enable independence.
- Placement Assistance: Identify resources, level or care and placement options for those who are not able to remain safely in the home.
- Caregiver support through credentialed caregivers who provide private-duty caregiving services in the home.
- Equipment, devices, and therapeutic aids as deemed beneficial in the written assessment
Parameters for AOS & Friends Care direct service support include:
- Recipient must be 50 years of age or older.
- Recipient may receive maximum funding support up to $1000, depending on assessed need.
- Preference will be given to first time applicants, not currently utilizing care management services.
- Preference will be given to those not eligible for funding through other resources (such as social services).
- Preference will be given to those residing in Moore County.
- Financial qualification for services will be based on monthly income.
All interested applicants must submit an application and be available for interview. Additional paperwork and permissions may be required based upon the type of direct care support for which the applicant is applying.
*Please note all care managers must be certified to be considered as a provider. All direct caregivers must pass a multi-state background check and carry professional liability insurance or be covered through an employer workers compensation policy.